SCIENTIFIC COORDINATION AREA
VHIO´s Scientific Coordination Area is a core function of our Institute performing several supportive functions including:
- Identifying new competitive research funds.
- Proposing external sponsors/ philanthropic institutions for R&D funding.
- Coordinating and managing awarded R&D projects providing on-going administrative, technical and scientific support (including follow-up tasks and reporting).
- Monitoring and verifying that the various scientific projects underway are consistent with - and complementary to - VHIO´s research lines.
- Supervising patent application procedures, research agreements and intellectual property issues related to R&D projects.
- Identifying new opportunities for scientists, including multicenter research studies.
Our highly dedicated team of professionals headed by Alejandro Piris, therefore play a critical part in nurturing, developing, and expanding research at VHIO:
- Alejandro Piris, Head, Scientific Coordination Area
- Carlos López, Knowledge Transfer Manager
- Josep Maria Miquel, Project Manager
- Mariona Pons
- Sandra Porta
- Isabel Vallvé
- Jan Vara