The Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO) launches the 2nd Summer Internship Programme to provide undergraduate students the opportunity to conduct summer research @ VHIO. The goal of the programme is to attract the interest in research of students who are pursuing their BSc degree in Life Sciences or related subjects and accompany them in discovering their scientific vocation. Fellows will engage in approximately eight weeks of basic research under the supervision and mentorship of VHIO Group Leaders.
A maximum of 6 internship positions will be awarded in 2023.
DECIDE WHICH LABORATORY FITS BETTER YOUR RESEARCH INTERESTS AND APPLY THROUGH OUR ONLINE APPLICATION PORTAL
- Tian Tian | Upper Gastrointestinal Cancer Tranlational Research Group
- Raquel Pérez-López | Radiomics Group
- Rodrigo Dienstmann | Oncology Data Science
- Joan Seoane | Gene Expression and Cancer Group
- Francesc Bosch | Experimental Hematology Group
- Violeta Serra and Andreu Odena | Experimental Therapeutics Group
- Lara Nonell | Bioinformatics Unit
Candidates should fulfil the following eligibility criteria at the time of the call deadline:
- Undergraduates in Life Sciences or related subjects (e.g., Bioinformatics, Biomedicine, Medicine, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Physics) with an excellent academic record. Master students are not eligible
- Two full years (4 semesters) of undergraduate course work completed by the time the internship starts
- Candidates may not have received an undergraduate degree at the time of the internship (Summer 2023)
- High level of English
- Availability to arrange a student placement/internship agreement through the correspondent University
Positions will be awarded on a competitive basis taking into consideration the student’s academic records and the motivation letter
• Selected candidates will receive a fellowship of 400€/month
• Barcelona public transport ticket for two months (Zone1).
Should you require further information and/or clarification, please do not hesitate to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested candidates should apply via the VHIO online form including the following information:
- Personal and academic data, indicating the master in which the applicant is enrolled
- BSc certified academic record
- Letter of motivation, highlighting your interest towards a specific Masters project
- Brief summary of previous research experience (if any)
- Applicants should select up to two research groups
Eligible applications will be assessed based on the information provided in the application form by an internal evaluation committee. Short-listed candidates might be invited for an interview with the group leader who has shown interest in the applicant.
- Call opening: 21 February 2023
- Call deadline: 30 March 2023