Marking the second in the prestigious series of talks: VHIO Meet the Editors, Science´s Paula Kiberstis, Senior Editor, cancer research, will be joining us to deliver what promises to be a highly insightful presentation on Demystifying Science.
Paula Kiberstis has more than 25 years of experience in science publishing. After entering the field at Cell in the 1980s under the mentorship of Benjamin Lewin, she eventually moved to Science, where she has been for nearly two decades. Her presentation will cover topics including:
- How Science editors select manuscripts (and what makes them lose sleep!)
- Optimizing your paper’s chance of acceptance at Science
- The ever-evolving landscape of “general interest” topics in cancer research
- What do Science and Science Translational Medicine look for in cancer research papers?
- The future of science publishing
True to the unique format of these special meetings, the second half of the session will be dedicated to a Q & A round with the audience whereby participants can address Paula directly with any questions and comments they have about the journal, the directions of scientific publishing as well as the journal´s peer review and decision making processes.
Presentation: Demystifying Science
Date: Monday 23 January 2012, 09:00 – 10:30
Hotel Alimara, http://www.alimarahotel.com
PLEASE NOTE: Spaces are limited and participation is granted on a first come, first served basis.
Amanda Wren, VHIO Communication Manager
Tel. +34 93 4893021 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org