The Vall d´Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO) Seeks a “Junior postdoctoral researcher”
Application deadline: January, 30th
Number of vacancies: 1
A new biotech company, a spin-off of the Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO), the University of Barcelona (UB) and ICREA, is going to be incorporated at the end of December 2021. It specializes in the development of therapeutic agents that modulate tumor dormancy to fight cancer progression. The company will be based at the VHIO.
We are looking for:
A junior postdoctoral researcher to join this new adventure and to carry out the discovery and preclinical development of novel anticancer therapies
The position is for a junior Postdoctoral researcher to join an interdisciplinary team to develop new agents designed to modulate tumor dormancy to fight cancer progression.
- Opportunity to gain drug discovery experience, conduct independent research in profiling spin-off’s candidates and deciphering their mechanism of action under guideline supervision.
The Ideal Candidate:
Successful candidates will have a strong background in cancer biology with a great interest in drug discovery research.
- Prior experience is required with some of the following techniques:
o mammalian cell culture and flow cytometry assays.
o experience in molecular and cell biology techniques.
o biochemistry techniques.
o experience in vivo mouse efficacy studies (FELASA accreditation).
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills, as well as, independent, motivated and collaborative person.
- Excellent oral and written English and Spanish and/or Catalan communication skills are required.
- While experience in the above skills is highly preferred, applicants with related skills set are encouraged to apply.
- This researcher will conduct research studies using human cancer cell lines and cancer patient-derived primary cells in in vitro and in vivo experiments.
- Designing and perform experiments independently and analyze data.
- Perform experiments aimed at elucidating compound mechanism of action.
- Participate in company’s scientific meetings.
- Participate in data interpretation and crafting manuscripts for publication.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, or relevant field.
- Temporary (1 year) full-time contract with the possibility of extension to an indefinite contract (CID).
- Salary package according to the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Candidates must submit a curriculum vitae, a letter of intent and 2-3 contacts for references via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, including the reference number Ref. 55-2001
Under the leadership of Josep Tabernero, the Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO), has established itself as a comprehensive cancer center of proven excellence internationally. It is also thanks to VHIO’s optimal organizational structure based on a purely multidisciplinary and translational model that VHIO talents continue to anticipate and tackle the many unresolved questions in combatting this multifaceted and heterogeneous disease.
Located within the Vall d’Hebron Barcelona Hospital Campus, our researchers closely collaborate and interact with Vall d’Hebron physician-scientists. Translational science and clinical research are therefore tightly connected which promotes superb interaction and teamwork which, in turn, accelerates the bench-bedside-bed cycle of knowledge. This privileged environment affords VHIO direct access to patients as well as the entire spectrum of oncology professionals who care for them, and a second-to-none appreciation of how cancer science can translate into more powerful, targeted treatments and better practice for the care of patients.
VHIO’s pioneering model and programs, coupled with its belief in combining strengths through cross-border collaborations, continue to spur advances in reversing cancer resistance, halting metastatic spread, and more effectively treating even the most undruggable tumor types.
VHIO’s translation toward precision oncology: https://www.vhio.net
Vall d’Hebron Institute Oncology (VHIO) endorses the Requirements and Principles of the European Charter for Researchers, the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers promoted by the European Commission and follows Equal Opportunities policies.
On 10th April 2018 VHIO was awarded the “HR Excellence in Research” logo. Our Institute was consequently granted permission to use the HR Excellence in Research Award logo as demonstration of its stimulating and favourable work environment in line with the Charter & Code