The Vall d´Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO) Seeks a “Graduates & Training Officer”
Reference: Ref. 20-2022
Application deadline: 15/05/2022
Number of vacancies: 1
VHIO has been awarded as a Center of Excellence Severo Ochoa, granted within the subprogram of the Spanish Institutional Strengthening of the State Plan for Scientific and Technical Research & Innovation, recognizes national research centers that demonstrate scientific leadership of excellence and impact at global level. The aid has been funded by the State Agency for Research (Agencia Estatal de Investigación) (CEX2020-001024-S / AEI / 10.13039 / 501100011033)
We are seeking to recruit a “Graduates & Training Officer” to work full time in the VHIO Academy and reporting to the head of this unit. The VHIO Academy deals with the development and implementation of all the educational, training and career development programmes for all VHIO staff. In particular, the post-holder will be responsible for organizing, monitoring, planning and implementing activities and projects related to the VHIO undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate educational programmes. In addition, s/he will contribute to the development of the continuous learning area.
The main responsibilities (although not exclusive) for this position will include:
- Support the Head of the Unit in all the educational initiatives organized for young researchers, in particular undergraduate students and doctoral researchers (induction courses, thesis committees, rotations) and support the fellows during their incorporation process at VHIO and serve as liaison between them and the university where they are/will be enrolled (for undergraduate and predoctoral researchers);
- Setting-up and keeping up-to-date the young researchers’ database;
- Development and follow-up of the annual educational programme (identification of training needs, organisation of courses and other training events, manage the communication with participants, lecturers and other collaborators, manage the outputs and feedbacks of each of the courses organised, annual revision of the courses and its contents, etc.);
- Implementation of new training initiatives such as cross-disciplinary seminars, courses addressed to specific groups (doctoral researchers or medical residents), monographic courses, etc;
- Support the Head of the Unit in the implementation and content development of an online platform for training and student management (Moodle-workplace);
- Support the Head of the Unit in the management and implementation the VHIO Undergraduate, Masters, PhD programmes and calls.
As our ideal candidate, you will be expected to work with a high degree of autonomy and to pro-actively handle all of the tasks. You will also enjoy contributing to dedicated projects in line with the future strategic development of the VHIO Academy.
The candidate must have the following requirements:
- A higher-level university degree;
- At least two-year’s experience in the management of educational affairs;
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills and the ability to work in an independent and proactive manner;
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential for this position, as is the ability to establish effective channels of communication with a large variety of stakeholders;
- High degree of service orientation:
- Very good command (spoken and written) of English, Spanish and Catalan;
- Strong IT knowledge (user level)
- Experience in the management of educational programmes will be a plus.
- Proven experience in a scientific organisation will be an asset.
- Practical experience in survey design and data analysis will also be advantageous.
- Degree in a life-sciences related field will be a plus.
- LMS knowledge (Moodle)
Potential candidates should submit a curriculum vitae, letter of intent, and at least one reference using the form below or via email to email@example.com, including the reference “Ref. 20-2022” in the subject line of your email.
Under the leadership of Josep Tabernero, the Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO), has established itself as a comprehensive cancer center of proven excellence internationally. It is also thanks to VHIO’s optimal organizational structure based on a purely multidisciplinary and translational model that VHIO talents continue to anticipate and tackle the many unresolved questions in combatting this multifaceted and heterogeneous disease.
Located within the Vall d’Hebron Barcelona Hospital Campus, our researchers closely collaborate and interact with Vall d’Hebron physician-scientists. Translational science and clinical research are therefore tightly connected which promotes superb interaction and teamwork which, in turn, accelerates the bench-bedside-bed cycle of knowledge. This privileged environment affords VHIO direct access to patients as well as the entire spectrum of oncology professionals who care for them, and a second-to-none appreciation of how cancer science can translate into more powerful, targeted treatments and better practice for the care of patients.
VHIO’s pioneering model and programs, coupled with its belief in combining strengths through cross-border collaborations, continue to spur advances in reversing cancer resistance, halting metastatic spread, and more effectively treating even the most undruggable tumor types.
VHIO’s translation toward precision oncology: https://www.vhio.net
Vall d’Hebron Institute Oncology (VHIO) endorses the Requirements and Principles of the European Charter for Researchers, the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers promoted by the European Commission and follows Equal Opportunities policies.
On 10th April 2018 VHIO was awarded the “HR Excellence in Research” logo. Our Institute was consequently granted permission to use the HR Excellence in Research Award logo as demonstration of its stimulating and favourable work environment in line with the Charter & Code.