The Vall d´Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO) Seeks a “Head of Innovation”
Reference: Ref. 59-2022
Application deadline: until position filled
Number of vacancies: 1
Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO) is seeking an Innovation Manager to lead the innovation activities within the Business Development and Innovation Area. The candidate will promote and manage the innovation activities at VHIO and provide support to VHIO’s research groups in the development of research valorisation activities.
- Design, coordinate and monitor VHIO’s innovation action plan and objectives of the unit, in collaboration with the Business Development and Innovation Director.
- Plan, coordinate and monitoring of all training activities related to the Innovation Area.
- Provide coaching and support in innovation related topics to VHIO’s research groups.
- Actively promote the innovation culture and entrepreneurship environment.
- Drive collaborations with external R&D partners from academia, biotech, industry or public organizations to generate value for the VHIO’s innovation pipeline.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders in the innovation ecosystem and scouting for breakthrough early stage opportunities.
- Manage the patents and spin-off portfolio of the institution.
- Negotiate agreements with pharmaceutical companies and other research organizations
- Degree or PhD in Life Sciences preferred (such as biology, chemistry, pharmacy)
- Minimum 3 years of experience as innovation manager in a biomedical research organization.
- Proven knowledge of agents and innovation system of biomedical research environments (local, national, and international).
- Specific knowledge in pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English, Spanish and Catalan are a must.
- Experience in project management.
- Basic understanding for legal and compliance topics
- Ability to work independently.
- Work philosophy essentially based on a very practical, hands-on, solution-oriented approach to all issues.
- Track-record as a multitasker, hard-working, very resilient, client-focused innovation manager.
- Negotiating and influencing skills.
- Solution / goal and action oriented working style
- Relationship management skills, comfortable with a diverse set of people, high integrity, able to handle cultural differences
- Full-time position
- Immediate incorporation
- Benefits package
- Competitive salary
Potential candidates should submit a curriculum vitae and a letter of intent using the form below or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the reference “Ref.59-2022” in the subject line of your email.
Under the leadership of Josep Tabernero, the Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO), has established itself as a comprehensive cancer center of proven excellence internationally. It is also thanks to VHIO’s optimal organizational structure based on a purely multidisciplinary and translational model that VHIO talents continue to anticipate and tackle the many unresolved questions in combatting this multifaceted and heterogeneous disease.
Located within the Vall d’Hebron Barcelona Hospital Campus, our researchers closely collaborate and interact with Vall d’Hebron physician-scientists. Translational science and clinical research are therefore tightly connected which promotes superb interaction and teamwork which, in turn, accelerates the bench-bedside-bed cycle of knowledge. This privileged environment affords VHIO direct access to patients as well as the entire spectrum of oncology professionals who care for them, and a second-to-none appreciation of how cancer science can translate into more powerful, targeted treatments and better practice for the care of patients.
VHIO’s pioneering model and programs, coupled with its belief in combining strengths through cross-border collaborations, continue to spur advances in reversing cancer resistance, halting metastatic spread, and more effectively treating even the most undruggable tumor types.
VHIO’s translation toward precision oncology: https://www.vhio.net
Vall d’Hebron Institute Oncology (VHIO) endorses the Requirements and Principles of the European Charter for Researchers, the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers promoted by the European Commission and follows Equal Opportunities policies.
On 10th April 2018 VHIO was awarded the “HR Excellence in Research” logo. Our Institute was consequently granted permission to use the HR Excellence in Research Award logo as demonstration of its stimulating and favourable work environment in line with the Charter & Code.