The Vall d´Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO) Seeks a “Research Laboratory Technician”
Reference: Ref. 36-2022
Application deadline: 31/07/2022
Number of vacancies: 1
We are seeking an organized, detail-oriented and experienced cell culture/molecular biology research technician, for Dr. Laura Soucek’s Models of Cancer Therapies Group at the Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO) in Barcelona.
At least 3 years prior lab experience with:
- Mammalian tissue culture (e.g. proliferation/cell death assays)
- Biochemical techniques (e.g. immunoblotting, ELISA)
Plus excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a collaborative and interdisciplinary team environment
- Additional lab techniques (e.g. protein purification, cloning, qPCR etc.)
- Mouse handling and treatment experience
- Good computer skills for data collection, organisation and presentation
- Knowledge of English
- Preparing and maintaining common lab reagents
- Tracking and ordering lab supplies
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Under the leadership of Josep Tabernero, the Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO), has established itself as a comprehensive cancer center of proven excellence internationally. It is also thanks to VHIO’s optimal organizational structure based on a purely multidisciplinary and translational model that VHIO talents continue to anticipate and tackle the many unresolved questions in combatting this multifaceted and heterogeneous disease.
Located within the Vall d’Hebron Barcelona Hospital Campus, our researchers closely collaborate and interact with Vall d’Hebron physician-scientists. Translational science and clinical research are therefore tightly connected which promotes superb interaction and teamwork which, in turn, accelerates the bench-bedside-bed cycle of knowledge. This privileged environment affords VHIO direct access to patients as well as the entire spectrum of oncology professionals who care for them, and a second-to-none appreciation of how cancer science can translate into more powerful, targeted treatments and better practice for the care of patients.
VHIO’s pioneering model and programs, coupled with its belief in combining strengths through cross-border collaborations, continue to spur advances in reversing cancer resistance, halting metastatic spread, and more effectively treating even the most undruggable tumor types.
VHIO’s translation toward precision oncology: https://www.vhio.net
Vall d’Hebron Institute Oncology (VHIO) endorses the Requirements and Principles of the European Charter for Researchers, the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers promoted by the European Commission and follows Equal Opportunities policies.
On 10th April 2018 VHIO was awarded the “HR Excellence in Research” logo. Our Institute was consequently granted permission to use the HR Excellence in Research Award logo as demonstration of its stimulating and favourable work environment in line with the Charter & Code.
This job offer will be financed by RETOS, therefore we indicate the detail information:
- Title: Estrategias para incrementar el potencial clínico de inhibidores de MYC: identificación de biomarcadores, sinergias y nuevas indicaciones (RETOS)
- Reference: RTC2019-007067-1 (RETOS)
- Announcement: Proyectos de I+D+i «Retos-Colaboración» del Programa Estatal de Investigación (RETOS)
- Financier: Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación y Agencia Estatal de Investigación